Hervey Bay Historical Village & Museum
50th GOLDEN ANNIVERSARY FLAG DESIGN COMPETITION.
As part of the exciting events planned to celebrate 50 years of our museum on 16th March 2024, the Museum has decided to organize a competition for the design of a MUSEUM FLAG. The winning design will become part of the Museum’s history and be flown proudly whenever the Museum is open.
This is YOUR chance to become part of Hervey Bay’s History as designer of the flag! The competition is open to everyone and you do not require any special artistic skills. The competition could be won by a young child or a 90 year old veteran!
Please read the Terms & Conditions and submit your suggested design to enter and be eligible for the $200. cash prize for the winner! Entries are now open and closing date is 30th November, 2023. The winning entry will be unveiled and flown at the 50 Year Celebrations on 16th March 2024.
We welcome entries from the public, schools, art groups, Service Clubs, indeed from anyone who can sketch a design on a piece of paper!
These competitions happen only every half century, so be sure to get YOUR entry in for this unique occasion.
John Andersen, Historian, Hervey Bay Historical Village & Museum.
Competition to design a Flag for Hervey Bay Historical Village & Museum.
Terms and Conditions.
- One entry per person.
- Design on A4 landscape size paper.
- The museum colors of maroon, heritage green and cream are to be incorporated in the design.
- No writing on the flag design.
- Your flag design, together with your name, address & phone number on a separate sheet, to be sealed in an envelope, as each entry will be assigned an ID number for judging purposes.
- Entries close 5pm. 30th November 2023. Winning design to be unveiled at the 50th Celebrations of the Museum, 16th March 2024.
- The winning entry will receive a cash prize of $200.
- Entries can be posted to P.O. Box 519, Hervey Bay 4655 or handed in to Hervey Bay Historical Village & Museum Reception any Friday, Saturday or Sunday afternoons during open hours.
- All entries become the property of the Hervey Bay Historical Village & Museum. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Museum’s 50th Committee Members are not eligible to enter.